Saturday, October 21, 2006

Doctor Who and Captain Jack

I am a big Doctor Who fan and I think Russell T Davies is a fantastic writer.

So you can imagine that when I heard about "Torchwood" the spin off from Doctor Who....I was keen to find out about it. Torchwood was set up by Queen Victoria to combat aliens. It is separate from the UN and the MI5.

However, then I read further, here is an interview with Captain Jack, it really does speak for itself
Is there a problem with Torchwood

Also, I did not see all the episodes with Captain Jack in Doctor Who

The BBC said in the following link
just read my excerpts
"The BBC defended its output, citing the recent EastEnders storyline involving Sonia and Naomi and the bisexual character Captain Jack in Doctor Who as examples of its "richness and diversity".
"


OK, can I be alone in thinking what is going on here? I am alone in feeling worried that Torchwood, (which children are bound to be curious about and want to see, for the very reason it is a spin off from Dr Who, is going to be full of bi-kinky stuff? I am worried what is going on.

When I saw Captain Jack kiss Rose and then Dr Who, I had not seen all the episodes, so thought it was like an alien with a different tradition to us. Although it sparked off an alarm bell. Nope, not just an alien, Captain Jack, the good looking exciting character, charmer he's out and out- well out really, as was made more obvious by episodes I missed.

And he is in Dr Who not just as an extra, but as totally "the norm" and what is more, a hero to be copied. All this for viewers as young as 6 or younger.

Section 28 where have you gone?

I know that for simply preaching the Christian/ Catholic view on these issues that priests have had questionning from police.

I really dont think I am playing Madam Zelda with a crystal ball, but it seems that this subtly heading in a scary direction. And no one seems to be speaking up. It feels like we are powerless and that the mainstream media is going to have the reverse of section 28.

What are we supposed to do other than watch and wait for it to happen?

Are we really going to have to censor all TV in a Christian Family, because its values are so far gone in the opposite direction?

No comments: